monday

Today we woke up early to get some waves before we checked in for the event. We were greeted with a stiff onshore breeze at the best spots. So we returned to las palmas to change dollars to euros so I could pay my entry fees. We went to the contest site and check in and paid our fees then surfed the contest area for a bit to get more practice at low tide which is more difficult than at high tide. I got to see all the competitors and catch up with some old friends once the first rounds went out.
I am seeded in round 7 as their are about 115 riders in this event. you can see the heat draw and watch the event live at www.confitalibatour.com
It looks like I will surf around wendsday afternoon, so lets all hope the waves stay around.
I watched some tv episodes of The Simpsons in spanish today and it is still funny as hell even though I could not understand more than a few words. I hope to catch a few more pisodes before I leave.

No comments: