Tahitian Vacation






Surf Photo Josh Humbert

At the start of October I was itching for a surf trip. As I had been surfing small waves and doing contests for the last 7 weeks and so I was in desperate need of some perfect waves and deep tubes. As luck would have it my sponsors Churchill fins and Ocean Current clothing were in serious need of some advertisement and product shots of me for their up coming season. The choice was easy, I booked a trip down to the French Polynesia to the island of Tahiti to chase a few south swells for the week. I am lucky enough to have a few great friends who live there (Michele and Poe) that I stay with when I go down there, so it is a pleasure to hangout with them and enjoy the true Polynesian lifestyle. Nick, Simon and Alex Omerod were also down in Tahiti with Liam O'Brian shooting photos for Bodyboarder magazine and video for 662 so I linked up with them every day to get my work done.
The waves were super fun the entire week as we had two decent swells about 4-6 ft with amazing conditions. I surfed Teahupoo and Tapuna twice a day and it was truely south pacific perfection. All in all It was a great opportunity to surf great waves get work done for my sponsors and visit with my friends. Not a bad life if I must say.

2 comments:

B. Pezman said...

How filthy is that water shot at the end? Nice

Kenny said...

Thanks so much, Jeff, for your board:) Nice blog and you're right Tahitian waves are very good. Kenny